"A.B.A.T.E." This is what we are all about
(A Brotherhood Aiming Toward Education) is a non-profit independent group of motorcycle enthusiasts who ride different types of motorcycles, but we share a common interest in keeping motorcycling a safe, pleasant sport. We participate in legislative activities, which promote the sport of motorcycling.While one of our goals is to keep helmet use a freedom of choice for motorcyclist, we are not against helmets and many of our members wear them. Again, we feel it should be freedom of choice. We continue to strive towards motorcycle safety awareness and implementation of antidiscrimination laws in the State of Oklahoma (and nationwide). In addition, ABATE members continue to support local communities throughout the State of Oklahoma through toy runs and other events which benefit local charities.
A.B.A.T.E. CHAPTER GOALS: Continue our $1000 Scholarship Program...Contact us if you have a senior in a Rogers County High School..
- To initiate, endorce and sponsor educational programs, rider safety, public awareness, affirmative legislative action, and individual freedoms and rights.
- To create and promote a positive public image of motorcyclists and motorcy-cle groups, to dispel and disprove media hype, unfounded propaganda and the "Hollywood image".
- To encourage goodwill and mutual understanding among motorcyclists, law enforcement personnel and the general public.
- To benefit the less fortunate (among our group or outside) through organizations whether or not relaed.
- To serve as an information source pertaining to current laws, pending legis-lation, personal rights, political inclinations of elected officials and their constituents,ABATE lobbying and endorsements and voter awareness.
- To act as a central responsive agency to devise and coordinate recreational, legislative, educational and charitable activities.